Friday, August 20, 2010

Installing Windows 7 Professional on HP Pavilion tx2000

Yesterday, I did a clean install of Windows 7 (32-bit) on my HP Pavilion tx2000 computer. I was very surprised and glad that I did not need to install much in order to get the computer to work.  I feared that I would need to install many more drivers, for instance, the tablet driver.



Additional drivers installed from the HP support website:
Things that do not work:
  • DVD Quick Play button on the border of the screen
    • I am not going to fix this.  I thought it was annoying anyways.  I kept on pressing it accidentally.
Observed benefits over the HP factory installation of Windows Vista.

  • Startup time is now 57 seconds.
    • From being powered off to displaying the google homepage.
  • Shutdown time is now 10 seconds
  • With Vista it would literally get too hot for your lap.  Now it always stays cool.  I would dare to say that it stays cooler than my 13" Macbook.

I hope this helps somebody somehow.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment